Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Will your kid be attending Hogwarts this year?

I am so EXCITED!  We are going back to Hogwarts and this time we have a crowd!  Three families to be exact.  The BEST part is that niece #4 is turning 11 on the very day we will be arriving at the park.  OMG I KNOW, RIGHT?!  So y'all know that I have to, HAVE TO, do the acceptance letter.  Well here I was all prepared to shell out $ for acceptance letters when I discovered this freebie!  So I'm sharing it with you.  : )


Download the three components and follow the instructions, (one of the downloadable components).

Now I can do this for all the kids on our first morning in the hotel and I'm planning on sprinkling a few "owl" feathers about just because setting out letters isn't flashy enough.  Oh my, what if I printed scads of letters just like what happened to Harry?!

Saturday, April 20, 2013


4 fire trucks, a cop, an ambulance, and the fire chief

     Okay so the guy a couple doors down is always burning something in his yard and sometimes his little fires aren't so little.  Today when the wind is brisk we saw, had a HUGE fire going.  Huge like 12 to 15 feet high huge.  And while we were quite irritated with how irresponsible it is to have a twelve foot high bonfire in your back yard, we figured it was just business as usual for this guy.

     We watched the fire burn for about 10 to 15 minutes.  Suddenly the next door neighbor's son pulls up and starts running and pulls out his cellphone.  Well our bad.  It seems we watched the guy next door to Fideaux's shed and fence burn to the ground.  If it hadn't been for P. the house would have gone next.  Talk about feeling like a bit of a shit head on this one.

     New Orleans has a live and let live kind of culture so when someone does something weird or stupid as long as it's not hurting anyone or anything, you just kind of let it go.  So unfortunately we just let it be.  Thank God no one was hurt except the fence, the shed doesn't count because the neighbor was tearing it down which was the reason there was a fire in the first place.  Apparently when you pull down a shed and leave all the chemicals inside they intermingle and cause a fire.  BTW the phone lines melted.