Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Who Dat Season!

     It's that time of year where our lives change and everything revolves around the New Orleans Saints' schedule; our first game is upon us.  While the rest of the country is decorating their homes for fall, the New Orleans metro area is pulling out the black and gold.  Wreaths, flags, and signs  in black and gold are seen all over town and tomorrow is black and gold day at just about every other school.  It's a new season and the chant "Two Dat" has returned and so the preparations begin...

    Tomorrow will be the usual game day wardrobe black and gold undies, jeans, lucky tee, gold sparkle shoes, and I realize I'm going to have a fashion crisis.  The lucky tee.  It has Reggie Bush on there and I'm not sure how that is going to affect the mojo.  I feel slightly panicky knowing that the lucky shirt's mojo has run dry.  Don't ask me how I know, I just do.  I need a new lucky shirt, but nothing has hit me yet.  Again, I don't know how I know what is lucky, I just do.  If we lose I'm going to feel horrible.
Gumbo The Saints Cat

     I feel better about the other game deciding factor; Gumbo the Saints Cat, (please note that Saints Cats are always black and gold).  Gumbo is the second Saints Cat.  The original Saints Cat was Mimi, and we lost her this year, but she put in nineteen good years before she headed over the rainbow bridge.  Gumbo seems to be in a good enough mood although she didn't get her nap time with her dad today.  That could be a negative factor.  I'll try to offset that with extra cat treats.  

     To recap, lucky mojo for shirt not good, but Saints Cat is under control.  This means that this is going to be a close game and who wins is uncertain.  I just hope that Friday isn't going to be a black Friday, (eek).  Lets all hope for a Happy Who Dat Season!  Who Dat!

No comments:

Post a Comment