Friday, April 22, 2011

Glutton for Punishment

     I don't know what it is lately but I seem to be attracted to activities that will make me miserable.  My stool project has taken all of my time this week and I am so not where I want to be, (which is finished).  I went with the logo for one of my favorite places in the world, (a bar), and of course couldn't have been any more difficult to work with unless I had chosen a DaVinci to copy.  I broke it down a bit because 1. I'm lazy and 2. There was no way I was going to be able to replicate that with my skill level to my satisfaction. I'm one of those never satisfied people when it comes to DIY or art projects.  I'm really struggling not to pick this one apart.  Now I'm stuck on color, and getting major resistance from DH over adding rhinestones to the legs.  So I'm feeling a bit grumpy.  I have no idea how someone could resist either feathers or sparkle.  I should have been a drag queen, except I can't sing, dance, and I'm not very outgoing.

     Anyways, a couple of weeks ago we went downtown, (French Quarter), to play tourist and thought we'd hit the Presbytere.  Mistake.  Well I know they had a Katrina exhibit, but I thought we could see the rest of the museum without having to see the Katrina stuff.  We walked in and there were these flashes of lights and booms and the sound of high wind; it was so in your face.  I felt my stomach tighten up, the butterflies kick in and I immediately looked at DH.  He was already sweating and the hair on his arms stood up.  We left.  Now I can't stop thinking, "well I am a little curious as to what they present and if I don't bring DH along and not mention it to him that I went..."  It's stupid thinking on my part and makes me have that twisted stomach, run away feeling and yet I can't stop being curious.

     I'd better stick to the bar stool misery at least I'll be happy when I'm done with that one.  On the bright side of things we are finally going to sign the papers for the lot next door next week!

Cool a follower!  Thanks Dionneacooper : )

No comments:

Post a Comment