Friday, January 27, 2012

A Bit o' Fluff

I am so not fashionable, but I love reading those fashion blogs which of course leads me to present to you this bit o' fluff.  As a rule I don't do this in the e-mail world, because I hate getting those, "you'll die a horrible death if you don't send this on," kind of things.  But because there is no threat attached, and I don't feel forced to "tag" people, which I don't do, so I decided to play along:

Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules 
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the tagger
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you have tagged to answer
5. Tag 11 'peeps'  (I'm not tagging anyone, this is a do it if you wanna kinda thing in my book.)

11 Random Things About Me
  1. I love cats, cake, and oysters.
  2. I made it into NOCCA, (New Orleans Center for Creative Arts), well actually my sister made it into NOCCA using my art, she lasted two weeks, then they realized it wasn't her doing the art and she was booted out.  She was in class with Harry Connick Jr. (Ha that'll teach you not to do your sibling's homework.)
  3. I wanted to be an archaeologist before Indiana Jones made it cool. 
  4. I can talk your ear off, but I'm really a shy/loner sort of person.
  5. The exterior of my house is done in black, white and gold, (well actually tan, couldn't get metallic gold stucco), the colors of the New Orleans Saints, and yes this was on purpose.
  6. My favorite holidays are Mardi Gras and Halloween, (can't pick one over the other).
  7. I love fixing/building things.
  8. I am fearless when it comes to color.  Before Katrina my kitchen was K&B purple, apple green and trimmed out with red chili pepper lights.  The bathroom was painted ceiling to floor as a sunset.  Sadly it's much more sedate thanks to hubby's input, but I did get my red sofa.
  9. Before I go to sleep I imagine all the things I could do if I won the lottery.  
  10. I love foggy days when you can hear the ships on the river sounding their horns; I'll sit outside, drink my tea and wish it could go on all day.  
  11. One day, when I win the lottery I am going to buy a huge piece of property to house homeless cats and have my friend M. run the foundation for me.  My mother says she will rock (as in rocking chair), the cats, my niece says she will be the vet, and I of course will travel far and wide finding cats who need a good home at our, Home for Wayward Cats.  Hubby of course will cringe in horror, roll his eyes, and love me and the cats anyways.
Megan's questions:1. How do you take your tea? (Coffee?)  Two sugars, splash of milk in my Earl Grey, Coffee? Well I never grew up and still take it as I did when I was a kid, cafe' au lait with lots of sugar.  
2. Describe your winter coat or jacket. (Pick your favorite if you have it). Black, wool blend, slightly fitted, and  with a hood.
3. Give me an adjective! Awesome.
4. Favorite guilty pleasure tv show (or movie).  Not feeling guilty about it;  the Walking Dead
5. Favorite blog. Wow, can't say I have a favorite, I like them all.  No, seriously, really.
6. If you found a $100 bill on the ground, what would you do with it? (assuming it belonged to no one, but the finder - you.).   I'd leave it there because I'd feel too guilty about picking it up.  What if the poor sot who lost it came back for it just moments after I picked it up?  What if that was the grocery money for the week?  What if it was going to pay for grandma's operation?  Nah, the invented guilt would make me nuts; I'd do better leaving it for someone else.
7. Would rather receive snail mail or an email? Email, paper kills trees.
8. Do you like patterns or solid colored clothing? Both! 
9. Stripes or Polka Dots?! Both!

10. Have you ever been on a plane? Where were you going? A few times. Last time I was going to Washington, DC.
11. Favorite accessory? Don't have one, but if I had to choose something I wore most often I guess it would be a bracelet, or rather a whole pile of 'em.

4. 11 New Questions From Me: Sheila
1. The Hokey-Pokey or the Chicken Dance?  Hokey-Pokey
2. What colour streak would you put in your hair (assuming you would)? What color wouldn't I do?  I've done a coca-cola red in the past.
3. What movie did you passionately love when you were younger?  Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
4. Are you allergic to anything? Eggplant, but I eat it anyways.
5. People who stand in the middle of the sidewalk: should they be drawn and quartered or put in pillories and have fruit thrown at them? I like throwing fruit; let's throw fruit.
6. Tell me the last thing you saw that was live at a theatre, on a stage.  "The Somewhat True History of Saint Bernard, Abridged" Funny, but that part with Blackie Campo will make you cry.
7. What's your favourite piece of art?  It changes, but currently, I've got my eye on a skull made from broken Abita beer bottles by Andres Basurto.  Love.
8. Do you eat in front of the TV or at a dining table? Is the TV still on?  In front of the TV, guilty.
9. What item that you own would you take to "Antiques Roadshow" for evaluation? How much do you think it's worth? Lol everything is gone since Katrina, ain't dere no more.
10. What's on your nightstand/bedside table?  My book, a kindle, a cup of old tea, hubby's pic, a treasure chest, and a lamp.
11. You're meeting someone who doesn't know what you look like. Describe yourself in 10 words or less.  I'll be the shortest person in the room.

Jude's Questions:

1.  What's your favorite movie?

2.  Cake or death?  Tell me where I got that one. ; )

3.  One night in a haunted room or one night in a luxury hotel?

4.  What did you eat at your last meal?

5.  Bath or shower?

6.  The worst disaster you've ever experienced?

7.  Have you ever had a ghostly encounter?  Where?

8.  What's the best advice you've ever gotten?

9.  Your favorite toy/game as a kid?

10. A book you've read at least three times?

11. One guilty pleasure? 

No comments:

Post a Comment